This is my account of spending a day with a Balinese healer where I did a private consultation and afterward a Hindu purification ritual in the sacred holy springs of Ubud, Bali. It was nothing less than magical and transformative.
If you’ve seen the movie and/ or read the book Eat Pray Love then you’ll appreciate this post a little extra. I adorned that novel for years (still do) and I also have an affinity toward ancient healing techniques so seeing this healer was a no brainer.
This tour was booked through Bali Agung Tours.
I am writing this over a week after the tour and can say that with time I do feel the consultation with this Balinese healer has increased the quality of my life in a positive and noticeable way.
The moment I sat down with this Indonesian medicine man he said, “you have backpain.” And I did. It’s been a problem for a year. And then he said, “why you no have no boyfriend?” Lol…
Longstory sort he was totally psychic, believe it or not. He knew a lot of my deepest desires and repetitive thoughts I had been pondering in the last year, a lot of which I have never even spoken of out loud. I’m not going into the details of this because it’s extremely personal… but I can say he offered me reassurance and guidance that I have been implementing into my life and the outcome has been very positive.
Here are 5 things I learned from the Balinese medicine man. Although this is tailored to my own self, I believe we are all interconnected and share similar experiences, so I hope that it will offer you value in some way.
- Focus on positive thinking and stop worrying!! When we worry, we don’t trust ourselves. Trust yourself. Love yourself. Live more from your heart space, not your head. Stop overthinking and ease up. Have patience. Learn everything and do everything. Be grateful for what you have now and this will accelerate your growth toward achieving your goals. The healer predicted my future to an extent that sends shivers down my spine. He described my dream life in detail without me telling him anything at all, and so this made me trust the universe/ the process more than ever. Are we really that in control of our lives? I believe we are born with our unique desires and it is our job to live them out while we’re here on earth.
- He encouraged me to meditate daily, exercise more, and stay away from sugar. This is a practical one but sometimes its nice to be told what we know we need to do. If you know me, I am a huge advocate for meditation. I believe meditation is the holy grail of healing and thriving.
- He said while I wait for my largest manifestations to come, to create good karma and to learn everything I can until the middle of next year. In the middle of next year I will be delivered the “job” that I have been seeking. What I am learning now is preparing me, he claims.
- Get your energy right before all else. Things fall into place effortlessly when we are in a flow state. Take right action to stay in energetic alignment; everything is energy after all, and we attract what we are on an energetic level.
- Be happy and grateful, even when things don’t go as planned. Enjoy the journey. This healer seriously made me live in a more positive state of being that I have maintained every day since then. I’m sure being in a beautiful place like Bali is a major factor but still…
He then did a ritual to ‘detox my heart,’ because he is ‘preparing me for my future husband.’ This ritual was intended to rid me of my back pain, which it honestly has. I am writing this over a week later and have had little to no back pain.
I have implemented all of his advice and have honestly been smiling ALL the time lately.
After the consultation with the healer, we did a purification ritual in the holy springs and then had lunch surrounded by rice terraces.
I have met some highly conscious friends while staying in Bali, and many of them practice a zero waste lifestyle. They encouraged me to watch this TEDx talk on the subject and so I will keep their message going by sharing the video below.
Until next time,